Route Villa de Teguise
Also known as Plaza de San Miguel, is located in the heart of Teguise, place chaired by the mother church of Lanzarote dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe.
The Timple House-Museum
The Timple House-Museum is a space which combines the functions of a museum, a center for studies and a cultural space.
After the conquest and up until the first half of the 19th century, Lanzarote was a feudal island.
Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Founded in the first half of the 16th century, this church was originally a simple construction, with no windows and with only stone seats, built into the walls.
Blood Alley-Callejón de la Sangre
Located northeast of the parish church, this was a natural step in the water that ran through the ravine to the Mareta Miraflores.
"La Mareta" Square
La Mareta de la Villa has its origins in the island’s aboriginal past.
This construction goes back to the seventeenth century and was built under the patronage of Lucas Gutiérrez Melian.
This house belonged to the Robayna family back in the 18th century but, in the second half of the 20th century, it became the property of the Perdomo family.
Convent of Santo Domingo
This was the convent church of the order of Santo Domingo, founded at the beginning of the 18th century and built upon a church erected earlier, in the 17th century.
The Ayuntamiento (Town Hall) of Teguise is built over the convent outbuildings of what was the local monastery of Santo Domingo, and still preserves two arcades of the cloister and the original cisterns.
This property once covered the entire block.
This property was bought by the Spínola family from the Dominican order, its previous owners.
Residence Marqués de Herrera y Rojas Museum House
This residence was built in 1929 by Luís Ramírez González over an old house from the 18th century.
Convent of San Francisco
Of the Franciscan convent of Teguise all that is left is the church, a temple dedicated to Our Lady of Miraflores.
Palace of the Marquis
The Herrera y Rojas family settled in Teguise and turned the town into the political and social centre of the Canary Islands.
This theatre occupies the site of the old chapel of the Holy Spirit, founded in 1730 and subsequently converted into a hospital and nursery.
The mill represents the industry which was the most important generator of the most basic foodstuff for the population of Lanzarote: gofio (flour made from cereals).
Santa Bárbara Castle-Piracy Museum
This military construction is the oldest of few are preserved on the island.